https://www.etsy.com/listing/220931309/soft-romantic-art-feaher-wall-art?ref=shop_home_active_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/220931309/soft-romantic-art-feaher-wall-art?ref=shop_home_active_2

About Me

I am a frustrated travel buff stuck in the life of an auditor. I was lucky enough to be born to a family that valued travel and adventure. As a teenager I took a trip around the world and my love of travel was undeniable after that trip. I have a job that allows me to travel often and I take photos wherever I go. With my limited amount of sightseeing time I have become something of an expert in the art of Power Sightseeing. I have learned to make the most of my limited time and will gladly share those tips with you. I will add stories and photos to my blog after each trip so please check back often. I never know what wonderful thing I will see next and I would hate for you to miss the adventure. Thank you for enjoying my travel stories and photographs. Please visit my website at www.paulawhatleyphotography.com for more of my photos.

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Power Sightseer's Guide to Goose Creek, SC

I am more of an off the beaten path girl than a tourist attraction lover.  Give me a good swamp any day and I will be happy.  That being said I discovered a nice combination of both in Goose Creek, SC.  Goose Creek is a suburb of Charleston and well worth the short drive if you are visiting the area.

Visiting Cypress Gardens in Goose Creek was an awesome day.  There are miles of trails you can explore in addition to the wonderful swamp area.  When walking the trail be sure to pay attention to the signs and watch out for local wildlife.  This little fellow was only two feet from the walking trail.  He didn't seem to mind posing for a photo though.


The swamp was really beautiful.  There are benches and swings scattered around to allow for rest and reflection.



There are also boats available for guided or self tours of the swamp area.



Be on the look out for the ruins and bridge that were featured in the Mel Gibson movie The Patriot.  The Notebook and other movies were also filmed in the garden.  Be sure and ask the wonderful guides to point out the locations.



Once you are through viewing the swamp and walking the trails don't miss the butterfly house and the resident guard duck.


1 comment:

  1. Amaxing photos Paula and interesting read. I love to see the next place you travel too...

    Warm hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete